lunes, 20 de septiembre de 2010

Knowing Santiago

I believe that Santiago de Chile is a city full of very entertaining opportunities. You have many options to choose and from all kind of stuff. My favorite place is El Mercado Central. Maybe it is too mucho known and the most visited place by the tourists, but it is because of its magic, wonderful atmosphere and obviously great flavors. If someone goes to El Mercado Central must eat Paila Marina, a South-Chilean soup which contents a lot of delicious shellfishes and a rich amount of sea spices. Also must try Reineta con Chilena, fresh fried fabulous fish with the most popular Chilean salad: Tomatoes and skinny sliced onion. Well if I keep speaking about El Mercado I could never end. Other very local and culture thing tourist must try is go to the Football stadium, preferably to El Clásico, the most important match which faces Colo Colo and U. de Chile. I believe that the whole experience is infinitely different, because of the crowd called “Barra Brava”, the flags, the colored smoke, the papers, the songs, the passion involved, and obviously the quality of the match. Even the police and fan violence in the stadium is a very Chilean Football element which makes us be what we are. The food you can eat at the stadium also is very Chilean, like Sanguche de Potito and Sopaipillas. First is meat from the anus of the cow-made-sandwich and the second a very popular fried hot mass, made with pumpkin. Well, there are many other places people must know, but I think that these two I mentioned are a Must!

2 comentarios:

  1. Good work ;)
    I wouldn't try the potito sandwich, though :S

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Andrea, I dont know so much El Mercado central, but a can imagine the tasty food, and cheap, the nice people and the popular musician. I want go!

    ResponderEliminar